For the first time, Utah will use automated contact tracing for minors with COVID-19, as one local health department already announced it intends to use the system for middle and high school students who test positive for the virus.
The Utah Department of Health on Tuesday said 25 more Utahns have died due to COVID-19 and 1,326 residents tested positive for the virus.
Johnson & Johnson released data showing that a booster dose to its one-shot coronavirus vaccine provides a strong immune response months after people receive a first dose.
Pfizer announced Monday that its COVID-19 vaccine is safe and effective for children ages 5 to 11, adding that they will soon seek emergency use authorization for this age group. A top Utah pediatrician said vaccinating younger children is critical to ending the pandemic.
The Utah Department of Health on Monday said 17 more Utahns died due to COVID-19 and 3,393 residents tested positive for the virus over the weekend.
Pfizer said Monday its COVID-19 vaccine works for children ages 5 to 11 and that it will seek U.S. authorization for this age group soon -- a key step toward beginning vaccinations for youngsters.
The Navajo Nation on Sunday reported 18 more COVID-19 cases, but no deaths for the second time in the past three days.
Lauren Holbrook, who has had three heart transplants, is among the two million people who were given a third shot of the COVID-19 vaccine after the United States authorized them in August for people with compromised immune systems.
The Bear River Health Department is issuing a "test to stay" order based on the number of cases per class. Officials said the new state law that handles those measures doesn't work in their area.
The Utah Department of Health on Friday said 592 Utahns are currently hospitalized with COVID-19, which is the third highest since the beginning of the pandemic. It's that kind of overwhelming hospital burden which led to crisis standards of care throughout Idaho Thursday. An infectious diseases physician at Intermountain Healthcare said Utah is not there yet, but close.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito (pageviews: 27603)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10554)
- FBI execute search warrant at Laundrie residence relevant to Gabby Petito investigation (pageviews: 10108)
- Possible evidence found in search for Gabby Petito (pageviews: 10037)
- Human remains discovered ‘consistent’ with description of Gabby Petito – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9496)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9412)
- Florida search for Gabby Petito's boyfriend suspended (pageviews: 9350)
- Police: Search for Laundrie concludes for the second day in wildlife reserve (pageviews: 9124)
- Search for key that will open mystery door at Utah State University – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8624)
Connect with KSL