Smith's Food and Drug's parent company has given customers 5 million reasons to get the COVID-19 shot.
Experts said compassion, understanding and trusted information were the keys to helping someone make a decision about getting the COVID-19 vaccine. One Utah woman who was initially hesitant to get the vaccine shared what changed her mind.
Considering the mental and emotional toll of the pandemic, it's only natural to feel apprehensive about getting back to normal, and some will need more time than others. One Utah doctor said taking these steps will make "getting back" a little easier.
The Utah Department of Health on Friday said three more Utahns have died from COVID-19 while 272 additional residents have tested positive for the virus.
The Utah Department of Health on Thursday said 309 more Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19. That is up 43 cases from last Thursday. For the last ten days, the state has seen daily decreases in week-to-week cases, with that streak of decreases breaking today.
Demand for the COVID-19 vaccine has been down, but the reasons to get the shot continue to grow at vaccination sites in Utah County, where people can post why they got the shot on a wall.
While cases of COVID-19 in Utah are headed in the right direction, doctors said it's too early to declare victory.
Gov. Spencer Cox said Utah has to get back to normal as he applauded the Legislature’s efforts to end COVID-19 restrictions in schools.
Health officials reported an outbreak of COVID-19 at Fairfield Junior High School in Kaysville. A total of 29 students were diagnosed with the disease and were recovering Tuesday night.
New cases of COVID-19 continue to decline as Americans continue to get vaccinated. For the first time in more than 14 months, 431 days to be exact, St. Mark’s Hospital on Monday did not treat any patients with COVID-19.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Cataract Canyon Without Lake Powell: A Monumental Legacy Of Dried Mud (pageviews: 7059)
- Man Beaten, Killed By Multiple People In Magna (pageviews: 5468)
- Man Dies From Injuries Sustained In Tooele County Crash (pageviews: 2758)
- Two Men Injured In Jet Ski Collision At Pineview Reservoir (pageviews: 2553)
- Man Killed In Overnight SLC Shooting (pageviews: 2501)
- Police Searching For West Jordan Road Rage Participant (pageviews: 1783)
- Sisters Run Lemonade Stand In West Jordan In Honor Of Their Older Sister (pageviews: 1624)
- Committee Votes In Favor Of New Name For Dixie State University (pageviews: 1521)
- One Dead After Car Vs. Dump Truck Crash In Logan (pageviews: 1359)
Connect with KSL