Utah lawmakers forming task force to enhance student safety
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah lawmakers are responding to the deadly, tragic mass shooting in Parkland, Fla., on Valentine’s Day.
The task force will be called the “Utah School Safety Effort.”
Alpine Rep. Mike Kennedy said the task force will include about 10 to 15 community stakeholders. He said the experts will include two high school students, folks in the mental health field, academics, public safety officials and the Utah Shooting Sports Council Chairman.
Members of the Utah School Safety Effort held a press conference at 9:45 a.m. Thursday.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)