Utah lawmakers forming task force to enhance student safety
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah lawmakers are responding to the deadly, tragic mass shooting in Parkland, Fla., on Valentine’s Day.
The task force will be called the “Utah School Safety Effort.”
Alpine Rep. Mike Kennedy said the task force will include about 10 to 15 community stakeholders. He said the experts will include two high school students, folks in the mental health field, academics, public safety officials and the Utah Shooting Sports Council Chairman.
Members of the Utah School Safety Effort held a press conference at 9:45 a.m. Thursday.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)