Student late to class dances in viral video
PEMBROKE PINES, FL — A South Florida college student busts a move after being late to class. Yes, that’s right! The professor makes the students “Dance” as a punishment for tardiness.
It’s a unique policy in one of the Keiser University’s Pembroke Pines campus classrooms.
Professor Jonathan Lowndes has a simple rule – If you’re late – be prepared to bust a move.
And students can’t say they aren’t warned. While it isn’t expressly written in the professor’s American Literature class syllabus, students are given a verbal warning.
Brandon Godrich had to strap on his dancing shoes, but he knew he was going to be late.
Godrich said, “I’m trying to get ready… you either tell a joke, that’s good, bring food for the class, or dance.”
He even came prepared. “I had my old iPod and bluetooth speaker cause I’m like I know he’s going to play with me so I’m going along with it,” said Godrich.
Luckily, the professor isn’t grading students on their dancing ability.
But if you don’t dance, it will lower your participation grade.
Godrich said, “I’ve been told you better go late and I’m like I mean come on I’m trying — I’m here going for this degree and what not.”
Godrich is no stranger when it comes to breaking it down. This was actually Godrich’s second attempt to impress his professor with his dance moves. The difference this time, the video has gone viral. The video of him dancing has garnered over 9 million views in less than two days.
But the dancer himself had no idea. Godrich said, “Yeah I didn’t know that I had my classmate film me and then I didn’t even know about Twitter too because I didn’t even have an account.”
While Godrich said he doesn’t plan on being late again, he says he’s willing to consider if it means he can meet Ellen Degeneres.
“I mean I do want to meet Ellen and so does my sister — so I’m like, hey, let’s have this conversation and get something to happen,” said Godrich.
Most of the feedback has been positive for Godrich on social media, but so far no invitation to be on the Ellen show.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)