Modular hotel only takes 2 weeks to build
KENOSHA COUNTY , WI — There’s a new Marriott hotel going up quickly in Kenosha County, WI. So quickly, in fact, the hotel will be open in a matter of months.
It looks like a giant Tetris game, pink rectangle modules placed one on top of another. Each module houses two finished hotel rooms.
Developer, David Nankin said this contruction is the first of it’s kind in the Midwest and Marriott plans to build more like it.
“They recognize several years ago that there was a shortage of construction workers. Basically with modular construction we can save four to five months of construction time.” said Nankin.
And time is money.
Every room as the bedroom with complete furniture, full plumbing and bathroom fixtures and some appliances already inside.
Workers are building the lobby and fitness center on site, but the rest is crane stacking, hammer and nailing 50 modules into place.
Which bets the question, is this building safe?
Nankin said, “It’s actually safer. It has to be built to exacting standards to fit together…and it has to be built very securely to be able to withstand being transported on the roadways.”
When it’s finished, guests won’t be able to tell the difference between modular construction and traditionally built hotels.
The hotel is set to open in early October.
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 7381)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 7141)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6358)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 6125)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 5376)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3050)