Firefighters Looking For Man Reported To Have Started Multiple Fires Near Memory Grove
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Firefighters and police were looking for an unknown man who was reported to have started several small fires Friday night in Memory Grove, east of the Utah State Capitol.
Crews responded to an area along East Capitol Road, south of 500 North and found five or six small “spot” fires, according to Salt Lake City Fire Capt. Adam Archuleta.
“We received multiple calls that there was a male individual of unknown age walking along East Capitol, throwing some sort of devices over into the grass, catching fire, but our investigators are currently investigating, so the cause is still undetermined.”
Archuleta said thanks in part to cool temperatures and cooperating winds, the fires were doused quickly and only burned about an acre of ground.
Investigators did not have a description of the man as of late Friday, but were working with witnesses and others to develop leads in the case.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)