Firefighters Looking For Man Reported To Have Started Multiple Fires Near Memory Grove
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Firefighters and police were looking for an unknown man who was reported to have started several small fires Friday night in Memory Grove, east of the Utah State Capitol.
Crews responded to an area along East Capitol Road, south of 500 North and found five or six small “spot” fires, according to Salt Lake City Fire Capt. Adam Archuleta.
“We received multiple calls that there was a male individual of unknown age walking along East Capitol, throwing some sort of devices over into the grass, catching fire, but our investigators are currently investigating, so the cause is still undetermined.”
Archuleta said thanks in part to cool temperatures and cooperating winds, the fires were doused quickly and only burned about an acre of ground.
Investigators did not have a description of the man as of late Friday, but were working with witnesses and others to develop leads in the case.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)