Bobsledders, Skeleton Racers In Park City For North American Cup
PARK CITY, Utah – Utah has some of the best winter games venues in the world, one of the selling points the state is using to help its pitch in hosting another Olympic games.
Those venues are also a reason some of the world’s best bobsledders and skeleton racers are in Park City during Thanksgiving week.
KSL TV’s adventure specialists Trace Worthington and Sean Smith went to Utah Olympic Park to find out more about the International Bobsleigh and Skeleton Federation North American Cup, happening Tuesday and Wednesday.
Athletes from around the globe are in Park City to try and get spots on their countries’ respective teams for the Winter Olympics in 2022.
Trace and Sean got a chance to chat with Olympian Akwasi Frimpong, a Ghana athlete who ran track and field at Utah Valley University.
Frimpong showed off his “Black Panther”-inspired helmet.
“I’m excited about showing off a little bit of what Africa has to offer,” he said.
They also caught up with Olympian Valerie Fleming, who won a Silver Medal in women’s bobsled.
“Right now you have development people, unranked athletes that are just starting skeleton, just starting sliding bobsleds,” she said. “And you have … some Olympians who competed in PyeongChang.”
The North American Cup is happening Tuesday and Wednesday at the Utah Olympic Park, 3419 Olympic Parkway, Park City. The events are free to watch. For event schedule and more information, go to utaholympiclegacy.org/event/ibsf-north-american-cup.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 98459)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 32060)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5256)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming (pageviews: 3314)
- 11 More Utahns Die Of COVID-19 As Thanksgiving Holiday Approaches (pageviews: 2532)
- Utah DWR Investigating After Multiple Swans Found Dead Or Injured (pageviews: 2219)
- 26 Utahns Have Died From COVID-19; 570 People Are Hospitalized (pageviews: 2048)
- Utah Mom Warning Others After 6-Year-Old Girl Hospitalized With Rare COVID-19 Syndrome (pageviews: 1878)
- Body Discovered In Salt Lake City Field, Police Say (pageviews: 1836)