Sen. Lee Blocks Bill To Protect Mueller Investigation
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Utah Sen. Mike Lee on Wednesday blocked efforts to vote on a bill to protect special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.
Lee said he objected to the bill because it would create a fourth branch of government.
He went on to say that prosecutorial authority of the United States belongs to the Department of Justice. Lee has said in the past that the Mueller investigation should be allowed to run its course.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 24105)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 8038)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6318)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5386)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3473)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3334)