High 5: Ruff Patch Rescue Brings ‘Paw-sitive’ Change for Animals
RIVERTON, Utah – It’s pretty hard not to love Stacie Ward. She’s the reason so many animals from dogs to goats to pigs find fitting and loving homes like Karen Cox’s family, thanks to Stacie’s nonprofit Ruff Patch Rescue.
“Stacie is our miracle worker,” said Karen Cox, who adopted her dog, Panda, through Ruff Patch.
When Stacie isn’t working as a vet tech at Stone Ridge Veterinary Clinic, she’s working on finding “fur-ever” homes for dogs in need, including those with health issues like Panda.
At birth, Panda was faced with underdeveloped kidneys and was surrendered to Ruff Patch at eight weeks old.
“We didn’t think he would overcome it, and he’s made a full recovery,” Ward said. “And even one of our main surgeons was like, ‘I didn’t think he would make it past two weeks.'”
Stacie wouldn’t give up, though, and she monitored Panda 24/7. Through a labor of love, Panda was given a second chance, and he’s one of many.
“The doctors donate their time, they donate their services, so a lot of the time we’re just having to pay for the actual cost of materials not labor,” she said.
Families are brought together, too.
“You can’t put a price on the joy that has come to my family from the dog that was rescued,” Cox said.
Stacie Ward is deserving of this KSL High 5, along with a gift to help lighten her load. We appreciate the volunteers, Stone Ridge Veterinary Clinic, generous donors and all those who make Ruff Patch Rescue a reality.
Get more information on Ruff Patch Rescue at ruffpatchrescue.com.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 15643)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 11669)
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 10835)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8469)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7504)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 7233)