Salt Lake “Abejas” Take the Field as Part of Hispanic Initiative
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — The grass at Smith’s Ballpark is starting to “green up.” The stands are empty for now, but that’ll be changing soon as the Boys of Summer head back to the ballpark.
On a few select nights, however, they won’t be the Bees. They will instead be known as the Abejas, the Spanish word for Bees.
To go along with the new name will be a whole new look.
The cool thing is that the actual logo is gonna change, as featured on new gear. The Bees will wear that brand-new logo, becoming the Abejas at the games.
The local Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is excited about the team’s new look.
“It will be amazing to see how passioned we are as Hispanics, we are a little bit more louder, a little bit more party-makers than the non-Hispanic community And of course we are going to bring that kind of energy, passion and party to this ballpark.”
We want to say a big thank you to the Bees for doing what they’re doing with changing the name to the Abejas, and the outreach to the Hispanic community. We’re giving a $500 gift card to the Somos Foundation to be able to use to present to students.
So if you want to come out and see the Bees become the Abejas, mark it in your calendars: the first game with the new name will be April 27.
- Police Say Man Shot While Driving Through Group Of Protesters In Provo (pageviews: 73084)
- Two Arrested In Connection With Provo Protest Shooting (pageviews: 28772)
- Utah County Names Two COVID-19 Hot Spots After KSL-TV Lawsuit (pageviews: 18690)
- Man Accused Of Shooting Driver During Provo Protests Arrested (pageviews: 11855)
- Police Investigating Reports Of Shots Fired At Protest In Provo (pageviews: 8513)
- Driver Stuck In Middle Of SLC Protest Says She Feared For Her Life (pageviews: 8313)
- Pediatrics Group Says Benefits Of In-Person School Outweigh Virus Risks (pageviews: 5696)
- Life Flight Paramedic Injured In Plane Crash Dies (pageviews: 4845)
- China Researchers Discover New Swine Flu With 'Pandemic Potential' (pageviews: 3871)