District Attorney Files Motion To Extend Jail Hold For Man Accused In Lueck Case
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office on Tuesday filed a motion to extend the jail hold for the man accused in the Mackenzie Lueck case.
Ayoola Ajayi, 31, of Salt Lake City, was arrested June 28 in connection to Lueck’s disappearance and murder. However, formal charges against Ajayi have not yet been filed.
Utah’s Third District Court granted the motion Tuesday morning.
The motion to extend Ajayi’s jail hold has extended the time to file charges to next week, according to a statement from the DA’s office.
“Mr. Ajayi will be held without bail until that time,” the media release states. “Mr. Ajayi is presumed innocent until proven guilty.”
Ajayi faces charges of aggravated murder, aggravated kidnapping, obstruction, and desecrating a human body.
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5440)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 5179)
- Two dead after crashing into parked truck (pageviews: 5085)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidentally falling from balcony (pageviews: 2760)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidently falling from balcony (pageviews: 2591)
- Avalanche triggered at Snowbird resort, no injuries reported - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2230)