University Of Utah Will Host Vice Presidential Debate In 2020
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with the University of Utah said the campus will host the vice presidential debate in 2020.
The Commission on Presidential Debates announced the decision Friday, according to a U of U statement. This will be the first time a national debate will be hosted in Utah.
The debate will be held at Kingsbury Hall.
“Utah is the only western state selected for one of three presidential debates and one vice presidential debate,” according to the statement.
U of U President Ruth V. Watkins, Gov. Gary Herbert, Sen. Dan Hemmert and Utah Debate Commission co-chair Thomas Wright will be holding a press conference later Friday morning to provide additional details.
- Utah teen dies after becoming trapped underneath sand in Kanab (pageviews: 14172)
- Jerry Bruckheimer addresses Johnny Depp’s future with ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ franchise – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14014)
- Provo officer’s death recognized as line-of-duty from meth exposure 16 years later (pageviews: 6911)
- US reaches deal to reopen shuttered baby formula plant (pageviews: 5407)
- Big cross-border tunnel is found linking Tijuana to San Diego (pageviews: 4923)
- Pedestrian killed in Ogden crash (pageviews: 3920)