Bus Stop Crash Caught On Camera
(WCHM/NBC News) Residents of one Columbus, Ohio neighborhood are calling for change after a terrifying bus stop crash was caught on camera earlier this week. The crash seriously injured a child.
Columbus Police said the child was waiting for the bus at S. Champion Avenue and E. Whittier Street when two cars collided in the intersection. One of the cars careened off the road and into the child.
The child suffered non-life threatening injuries, and a few other students suffered minor injuries.
Some residents living near the intersection said crashes are a common occurrence.
Kenneth Reyes said when the city removed a traffic light from the intersection in 2014 and replaced it with a stop sign on S. Champion, a bad situation got worse.
“Now people don’t see that stop sign,” Reyes said. “When there was a light there, it was a whole lot better. Since they put the stop sign up, it’s been accidents, accidents. I mean you can count on an accident every week.”
Read more: http://bit.ly/2qGhp7P
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)