Authorities Identify 2 Men Found Dead At Halloween Party In Duchesne County
ROOSEVELT, Utah – Authorities are investigating a double homicide that happened at a Halloween party north of Roosevelt, according to the Duchesne County Sheriff’s Office.
Authorities identified the victims as Jon Reed, Jr., 22, and Tyrell Sowsonicut, 23.
Sheriff Travis Tucker said deputies responded to a call of shots fired at a house near 12000 West and 850 North at approximately 12:15 a.m. When they arrived, they said they found Reed had been stabbed and his body was outside the home. Sowsonicut had been shot, and his body was located inside.
Tucker said there were several people at the party who may have information.
“We have reports of between 15 and 20 were at the scene at the time,” he said. “We are still looking for some as we speak,”
He added that there were weapons found at the scene, but he did not specify how many or what kind.
Several agencies are assisting in the investigation, including the Roosevelt Police Department. The FBI and the Bureau of Indian Affairs are also involved due to the victims’ status as enrolled tribal members.
Deputies believe the victims know each other. KSL TV received information from a source on social media that the victims were first cousins. However, this has not been officially confirmed.
No arrests have been made. Deputies don’t believe there is a threat to the community, but they want anyone with information to contact the Duchesne County Sheriff’s Office dispatch at 435-738-2424.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)