Authorities Identify Woman Found Dead After Roy House Fire
ROY, Utah – A woman was found dead inside a Roy house that was a complete loss following a fire, according to officials with the Roy Fire Department.
Authorities on Monday identified her as Jamie Allen, 60.
Firefighters responded to the fully-engulfed home near 2800 West and 4975 South around 5 a.m. Sunday and said the flames were most intense in the garage and living area.
Captain Matthew Heslop said the fire was put out but the structure was very unstable, preventing firefighters from immediately searching the home.
Heslop later confirmed Allen, who he believes was the homeowner, was found dead inside the structure.
“We send our condolences to her friends, family, and neighbors,” according to the Roy City Police Department. “We also send our gratitude to those who responded and labored in the hopes of trying to prevent this outcome.”
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
This is a developing story. It will be updated if new information becomes available.
- Earthquake Tracker - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14689)
- Gephardt: Getting Your Coronavirus Stimulus Check & What It Means For Your Taxes (pageviews: 9166)
- Costco Is Going To Start Limiting How Many People Can Enter The Store (pageviews: 7995)
- What Are Those Explosions? Tooele Army Depot Is Detonating Munitions (pageviews: 7939)
- Davis County Stay-At-Home Order Now In Place (pageviews: 5581)
- Amazon Fires Warehouse Worker Who Led Staten Island Warehouse Walkout (pageviews: 5355)
- 7 Deaths Related To COVID-19; More Than 1,000 Confirmed Cases In Utah (pageviews: 5120)
- Gov. Herbert Extends Public Health Directive, Adjusts Dine-In Guidelines (pageviews: 4993)
- Spring Breakers Who Ignored Public Health Advice Test Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 4918)