Summit County Announces Two New COVID-19 Cases
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Summit County Health Department on Friday announced two more COVID-19 cases.
Both the patients are men who are younger than 60 and are visiting from out of state, according to a statement from SCHD.
Officials said the two men did not travel to Utah together. Both individuals exhibited mild symptoms.
“The Summit County Health Department is working to identify and contact anyone who may have been in close contact with the confirmed cases,” according to the SCHD statement.
Have you or a family member been affected by coronavirus issues in Utah? KSL wants to hear from you. Contact KSL by emailing email@example.com.
What is COVID-19? Here’s What You Need To Know To Stay Healthy: ksltv.com/432037/what-is-covid-19/
Latest coronavirus stories from KSL can be found at ksltv.com/coronavirus/.
Where in the world has the coronavirus already appeared? See the map: ksltv.com/?p=432035
Your Life Your Health: How can parents prepare their home, children against coronavirus: ksltv.com/?p=432060
How do I prevent it?
The CDC has some simple recommendations, most of which are the same for preventing other respiratory illnesses or the flu:
- Avoid close contact with people who may be sick
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water is not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
The CDC does not recommend wearing a face mask respirator to protect yourself from coronavirus unless a healthcare professional recommends it.
If you’re worried about whether you may have COVID-19, you can contact the Utah Coronavirus Information Line at 1-800-456-7707 to speak to trained healthcare professional.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 98459)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 32060)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5256)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming (pageviews: 3314)
- 11 More Utahns Die Of COVID-19 As Thanksgiving Holiday Approaches (pageviews: 2532)
- Utah DWR Investigating After Multiple Swans Found Dead Or Injured (pageviews: 2219)
- 26 Utahns Have Died From COVID-19; 570 People Are Hospitalized (pageviews: 2048)
- Utah Mom Warning Others After 6-Year-Old Girl Hospitalized With Rare COVID-19 Syndrome (pageviews: 1878)
- Body Discovered In Salt Lake City Field, Police Say (pageviews: 1836)