Positive Coronavirus Cases In Utah Now At 63
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health on Wednesday updated the total confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Utah to 63.
Fifty-three of the cases are confirmed in Utah residents. Ten cases are confirmed in non-Utah residents.
UDOH canceled its usual daily coronavirus update after the 5.7 magnitude earthquake.
According to a statement from the department, public and commercial laboratories in Utah have tested 1,222 people for COVID-19. Some large, commercial labs are not yet reporting negative results to the state.
— Utah Dept. of Health (@UtahDepOfHealth) March 18, 2020
“As a result, we believe current data on number of people tested is significantly lower than the actual number of people tested,” according to the statement. “All labs are reporting positive results.”
The Utah Public Health Laboratory was closed Wednesday due to the earthquake, and it’s being assessed for potential damage. Testing will resume once the assessment is complete.
“There were no samples being tested at the time of the earthquake,” the statement reads. “Additionally, no samples or laboratory equipment were damaged during the earthquake.”
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 24684)
- Idaho father fighting for his life in Utah hospital after dirt biking crash (pageviews: 19330)
- Medical examiner and cadaver dog called to park where investigators found Brian Laundrie's items (pageviews: 9862)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9476)
- Utah woman arrested on suspicion of shaking, killing her infant boy (pageviews: 6688)
- Suspected human remains, items belonging to Brian Laundrie found in Florida park, FBI says (pageviews: 5928)
- FBI: Items linked to Laundrie, potential remains found (pageviews: 5212)
- Haiti gang wants $17M ransom for kidnapped American and Canadian missionaries (pageviews: 4446)
- Utah family urges caution after 1-year-old hospitalized with COVID-19 (pageviews: 4306)