One New Death Reported, 144 New COVID-19 Cases Confirmed
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health on Monday reported one new death related to the coronavirus.
State epidemiologist Angela Dunn during the state’s COVID-19 update said the man who died was a resident within the Bear River Health Department district. He was older than 60 years old and had underlying health conditions.
According to the UDOH, a total of 28 people have died in Utah due COVID-19 complications. The state also reported 144 new confirmed cases of the virus, bringing the total to 3,213.
There have been 68,311 people tested, and 268 people have had to be hospitalized – an increase of nine from the day before. There are currently 175 active hospitalizations.
The UDOH also reported that 776 people in Utah have officially recovered from COVID-19.
Dunn said all the health care facilities in the state are prepared should there be a surge in patients. Utah suspended elective surgeries in March to help conserve personal protection equipment in anticipation.
She also reiterated that anyone who is experiencing one or more of the symptoms related to the virus should get tested. Symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle aches and chills, or decreased sense of smell or taste. Click here for more information on testing locations.
“We need to continue to ensure that we maintain the ability to provide good health care to COVID-19 patients who need it, and maintain our ability to test people with mild symptoms,” Dunn said.
For more information on the coronavirus in Utah, go to coronavirus.utah.gov.
To find a testing location near you, go to coronavirus.utah.gov/testing-locations.
- Man Dies After Being Ejected From Truck During Rollover Crash In Bluffdale (pageviews: 5048)
- Convicted Kearns Sex Offender Charged With Human Trafficking (pageviews: 5047)
- CDC: Schools Should Have Plan For Angry Parents, Face Mask Bullying (pageviews: 4785)
- Gephardt: 'Brushing' Scams Sweeping Utah (pageviews: 4552)
- AMC Is Reopening Its Theaters Next Week - And Tickets Are 15 Cents (pageviews: 4266)
- Alpine School District Teachers Rally For Safety Days Before Start Of School Year (pageviews: 4175)
- Authorities Identify Woman Found Deceased In Submerged Car Near Logan (pageviews: 3456)
- Gephardt: How A Side Hustle Became A Full-time Gig For Utah Adventurers (pageviews: 3228)
- Herriman To Host Nation's First High School Football Game (pageviews: 2539)