Washington County School District Preparing To Open Schools Thursday
ST. GEORGE, Utah – Students will begin returning to the classrooms, starting with those in the Washington County School District.
Educators are making final preparations to open for in-person starting Thursday.
They have been planning, cleaning, and preparing for months to welcome back nearly 36,000 students.
Superintendant Larry Bergeson acknowledged there is a lot at stake.
“We are looking forward to getting kids to school after six months,” he said. “It’s just time to bring them back, so we’re excited about it. To say that we’re a little uncertain, a little nervous and a little anxiety would be an understatement.
He said the district will mitigate and make changes as needed.
Lowry said he’s optimistic that back-to-school will be safe and successful.
- Young Mother Killed In Head-On Crash In Kane County (pageviews: 9027)
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 7956)
- Herriman, Riverton Residents Help Give Back To Artist Alex Boyé (pageviews: 6649)
- Joe Montana, Wife Block Attempted Kidnapping Of Grandchild (pageviews: 4379)
- 2 Die In Single-Vehicle Crash In Tooele County (pageviews: 3507)
- Police Seek Public's Help Locating Missing Endangered Boy Out Of Millcreek (pageviews: 3031)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 2690)
- Utah Reports 1,068 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 New Deaths (pageviews: 1257)
- Structures Threatened By Fire Located South Of Veyo (pageviews: 1062)