COVID-19: 362 New Cases, 4 new Deaths in Utah; 189 Hospitalized
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health on Tuesday announced 362 new COVID-19 cases and four new deaths.
The rolling seven-day average is 399 positive tests per day, or 8.9% of those tested. The state has tested 578,549 people so far, and 44,752 of those tests came back positive.
There are currently 189 patients hospitalized with the virus, and 81 of them are in intensive care units. Another 19 patients are currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation. According to UDOH, 46.6% of all non-ICU beds and 60.1% of all ICU beds in Utah hospitals are occupied.
A total of 349 people have died so far. The following deaths were reported Tuesday, all of whom were residents of Salt Lake County:
- Male – between 45-64, hospitalized at time of death
- Female, older than 85, long-term care facility resident
- Female, between 65-84, long-term care facility resident
- Male, between 65-84, long term care facility resident
The state is considering 34,764 cases as recovered, meaning those patients received a positive diagnosis more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
- 4-Year-Old Boy Left On School Bus For Two Hours (pageviews: 9361)
- Police Seek Public's Help Locating Missing Endangered Boy Out Of Millcreek (pageviews: 4375)
- Herriman, Riverton Residents Help Give Back To Artist Alex Boyé (pageviews: 4282)
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 3349)
- Vehicle Accidentally Rolls Into Deer Creek As Owner Is Taking Photos (pageviews: 2057)
- Young Mother Killed In Head-On Crash In Kane County (pageviews: 1866)
- Neighbors Concerned About U Of U Parties As University Goes Online (pageviews: 1224)
- Utah Reports 4 New Deaths, 694 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 1079)
- Body Of Partially-Clothed Woman Discovered In South Salt Lake (pageviews: 1017)