The Best Utah Road Trips To Take Before the Year Ends
The following article about the best Utah road trips is presented by your Utah Honda Dealers.
Enjoy the Scenery by Driving Along Scenic Byway 12
Also known as the All American Road, Scenic Byway 12 connects Panguitch from US 89 to Torrey SR 24. Along the way, you can stop at Bryce National Park, Grand-Staircase Escalante, and Boulder Mountain. You can take this trip in a day or split it up into a multi-day trip. Pack your camera to capture the stunning vistas.
Learn more about Utah’s History by Visiting Noteworthy Historical Sites
Heading north from Salt Lake, Promontory is a great place to visit to learn more about how Utah’s railroad system led Utah to become the Gateway to the West. A trip to the Golden Spike National Historical Park is a must-see stop to see railroad artifacts, special videos, and a gift shop for trinkets.
Heading South on dirt roads from here for another must-see site takes you to the Spiral Jetty, an earthwork sculpture created by Robert Smithson. Now a hallmark of the state, this art is stunning to see in person, the materials utilized from the natural landscape to create a mark. Note: this piece can sometimes be submerged underwater, so make sure to check the levels before you go.
How to Make the Best of Your Road Trip
The best way to make sure your time on the road enjoyable is (obviously) to make sure you pack plenty of road trip snacks. Another good way to prepare for your trip is to embrace trivia. Having a list of road trip questions can prompt conversations with your fellow passengers and make the driving experience go by quickly. And remember, it’s about the journey, not the destination!
- Utah Teacher Hospitalized After Breaking Back On Vacation (pageviews: 21432)
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 11908)
- Missing Hiker Found In Zion National Park, Family Says (pageviews: 5581)
- Political Opponents For Utah Governor Release Joint Ads Calling For Civility (pageviews: 4994)
- Tanner Park Shooting Victim Dies Of Injuries; Teen Taken Into Custody (pageviews: 3046)
- Police Looking For Suspect Who Shot Three People Near Tanner Park (pageviews: 2433)
- Dixie Regional Medical Center Opens Surge ICU Unit (pageviews: 2030)
- 7.5 Magnitude Quake Off Alaska Prompts Tsunami Warning (pageviews: 1970)
- Human-Caused Range Fire Originated From Orem Police Gun Range, Officials Say (pageviews: 1820)