University Of Utah Health Moves To Appointment-Only COVID-19 Testing
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The University of Utah Health announced COVID-19 testing will now be done by appointment-only in an effort to reduce wait times and stress on clinical staff.
As a result, testing hours will be expanded from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. starting Monday.
“The change in testing hours will allow appointments to be spread more efficiently over a longer period of time and to ultimately reduce waiting,” said Richard Orlandi, MD, chief medical officer of ambulatory health at University of Utah Health.
Appointments can be scheduled at the U of U Health in-car testing sites in South Jordan, Redwood, and Farmington. They can also be scheduled online.
“We’re confident this adjustment will ultimately lead to better efficiency and satisfaction for everyone,” said Orlandi.
Officials said people without an appointment will be turned away and required to schedule an appointment.
From the start of the COVID-19 pandemic in Utah, University of Utah Health has tested more than 193,000 patients at its testing sites.
- BYU 'Y' Lit In Rainbow Colors As Message Of Hope Without School Approval (pageviews: 5256)
- Salt Lake, Davis Counties Move To Moderate Transmission; Some Restrictions Lifted (pageviews: 4612)
- Gov. Cox: Beginning March 8, Utahns Age 50+ Can Schedule Vaccinations (pageviews: 4216)
- DNA Test Surprise: Woman's Dad Was A Mass Murderer (pageviews: 4022)
- Coin With DNA Found At Site Where Elizabeth Salgado's Remains Were Found (pageviews: 3885)
- SUV In Crash Where 13 Died Came Through Hole In Border Fence (pageviews: 3509)
- Latter-day Saint Missionary Dies Serving In Home Country Of El Salvador (pageviews: 2173)
- DA Determines Officer's Use Of Deadly Force In SLC Incident Not Justified (pageviews: 2127)
- Utahns Age 50+ Eligible For Shots While 'Vaccine Chasers' Continue To Wait (pageviews: 2041)