University Of Utah Health Moves To Appointment-Only COVID-19 Testing
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The University of Utah Health announced COVID-19 testing will now be done by appointment-only in an effort to reduce wait times and stress on clinical staff.
As a result, testing hours will be expanded from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. starting Monday.
“The change in testing hours will allow appointments to be spread more efficiently over a longer period of time and to ultimately reduce waiting,” said Richard Orlandi, MD, chief medical officer of ambulatory health at University of Utah Health.
Appointments can be scheduled at the U of U Health in-car testing sites in South Jordan, Redwood, and Farmington. They can also be scheduled online.
“We’re confident this adjustment will ultimately lead to better efficiency and satisfaction for everyone,” said Orlandi.
Officials said people without an appointment will be turned away and required to schedule an appointment.
From the start of the COVID-19 pandemic in Utah, University of Utah Health has tested more than 193,000 patients at its testing sites.
- Vandals Go On Rampage At West Jordan Church, $50,000 In Damages (pageviews: 20013)
- Team Manager Left Out Of Cheerleading Photo In Shoreline Jr. High Yearbook – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10432)
- Team Manager Left Out Of Cheerleading Photo In Shoreline Jr. High Yearbook (pageviews: 9156)
- Cataract Canyon Without Lake Powell: A Monumental Legacy Of Dried Mud (pageviews: 6650)
- Improperly Stored Household Batteries Blamed For Taylorsville Garage Fire (pageviews: 5710)
- Utah Father Busts Would-Be Burglar From Taking His Car, Puts Suspect In Headlock (pageviews: 4018)
- Massive Millcreek Construction Site Fire Causes Millions In Damages (pageviews: 3492)
- UDOT Opens New Section Of Mountain View Corridor From 4100 South to SR 201 (pageviews: 2863)
- Vandals Cause Estimated $50K Of Damages At West Jordan Church (pageviews: 2812)