University Of Utah Health Moves To Appointment-Only COVID-19 Testing
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The University of Utah Health announced COVID-19 testing will now be done by appointment-only in an effort to reduce wait times and stress on clinical staff.
As a result, testing hours will be expanded from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. starting Monday.
“The change in testing hours will allow appointments to be spread more efficiently over a longer period of time and to ultimately reduce waiting,” said Richard Orlandi, MD, chief medical officer of ambulatory health at University of Utah Health.
Appointments can be scheduled at the U of U Health in-car testing sites in South Jordan, Redwood, and Farmington. They can also be scheduled online.
“We’re confident this adjustment will ultimately lead to better efficiency and satisfaction for everyone,” said Orlandi.
Officials said people without an appointment will be turned away and required to schedule an appointment.
From the start of the COVID-19 pandemic in Utah, University of Utah Health has tested more than 193,000 patients at its testing sites.
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 33337)
- Utah Teacher Hospitalized After Breaking Back On Vacation (pageviews: 7519)
- Political Opponents For Utah Governor Release Joint Ads Calling For Civility (pageviews: 6796)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 4897)
- Provo Man Shot By Family Member Who Thought He Was Intruder, Police Say (pageviews: 4105)
- Utah Reports 314 Current Hospitalizations, 1,363 New COVID-19 Cases, 6 New Deaths (pageviews: 2088)
- KSL Investigators Win Fight For More Info On COVID-19 In Utah’s Care Centers (pageviews: 2016)
- Woman Missing For 2 Weeks Found Safe In Zion National Park (pageviews: 1408)
- Parents Of 545 Children Separated At Border Can't Be Found (pageviews: 1392)