Utah Reports 4 New Deaths, 694 New COVID-19 Cases
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health has reported four new deaths and 694 new COVID-19 cases.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests is 1,012 per day, and the rolling seven-day average for percent of positive laboratory tests is 13.7%. The state has tested 821,864 people so far, and 72,136 of those tests returned positive. There have been 1,062,240 total tests reported.
There are currently 183 patients hospitalized with the virus, 71 of which are in intensive care units. An additional 12 patients are hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation. According to coronavirus.utah.gov, 45.6% of all non-ICU beds and 60.8% of all ICU beds in Utah hospitals are occupied.
A total of 457 Utahns have died from the virus. The following deaths were reported Tuesday:
- Female, between 65-84, Salt Lake County resident, long-term care facility resident
- Female, older than 85, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Female, between 65-84, Davis County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Female, between 65-84, Washington County resident, unknown hospitalization or long-term care facility status
The state is considering 54,844 cases as recovered, meaning those patients received a positive diagnosis more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 23950)
- Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 14502)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 5175)
- University Of Utah Doctors, Nurses Plead For Help As ICU Hits 99% Capacity (pageviews: 4175)
- Amazon Driver Accused Of Throwing, Damaging Layton Man's Flags (pageviews: 4055)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect At Large (pageviews: 3448)
- Leaders Plead With Utahns To Do Their Part As State Reports 1,543 New COVID Cases (pageviews: 3333)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect Arrested (pageviews: 2432)
- 'On The Brink': Utah Breaks New COVID-19 Record With 1,960 New Cases (pageviews: 2356)