Utah Health Dept. Reports 906 New COVID-19 Cases, 2 New Deaths
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health has reported 906 new cases of COVID-19 and two new deaths.
The rolling seven day average for positive tests is 1,017 per day, and the rolling seven-day average for percent of positive laboratory tests is 13.6%. The state has tested 829,970 people so far, and 73,042 of those tests returned positive. There have been a total of 1,074,530 tests reported.
There are 203 patients currently hospitalized for the virus, which puts hospitalizations at approximately the same number as July, when Utah saw it’s highest number of COVID-19 hospitalizations as well as deaths, according to coronavirus.utah.gov.
Of those 203 patients, 75 are in intensive care units. Another 40 patients are currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation. UDOH reports 51.4% of all non-ICU beds and 66.5% of all ICU beds in Utah hospitals are occupied.
A total of 459 Utahns have died from the virus. The following deaths were reported Wednesday:
- Male, older than 85, Washington County resident, long-term care facility resident
- Male, between 65-84, Davis County resident, long-term care facility resident
The state is considering 55,141 cases as recovered, meaning those patients received a positive diagnosis more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 23950)
- Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 14502)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 5175)
- University Of Utah Doctors, Nurses Plead For Help As ICU Hits 99% Capacity (pageviews: 4175)
- Amazon Driver Accused Of Throwing, Damaging Layton Man's Flags (pageviews: 4055)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect At Large (pageviews: 3448)
- Leaders Plead With Utahns To Do Their Part As State Reports 1,543 New COVID Cases (pageviews: 3333)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect Arrested (pageviews: 2432)
- 'On The Brink': Utah Breaks New COVID-19 Record With 1,960 New Cases (pageviews: 2356)