Sen. Mike Lee Tests Positive For COVID-19
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Sen. Mike Lee on Friday announced he has tested positive for COVID-19.
According to a statement, he said he was experiencing symptoms consistent with allergies and sought medical advice.
“Unlike the test I took just a few days ago while visiting the White House, yesterday’s test came back positive,” according to the statement.
Lee stated that the Senate attending physician advised him to remain isolated for the next 10 days.
“Like so many other Utahns, I will now spend part of 2020 working from home,” according to Lee. “I have spoken with Leader McConnell and Chairman Graham, and assured them I will be back to work in time to join my Judiciary Committee colleagues in advancing the Supreme Court nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett in the Committee and then to the full Senate.”
Senate Judiciary Committee Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) announced last week that the committee hearing to consider Barrett’s nomination will take place Oct. 12.
The hearing is expected to last several days.
Lee’s announcement came hours after President Donald Trump announced that he and First Lady Melania Trump had also tested positive for the virus.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 7510)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5471)
- Deputies Break Up Suspected Camp Of Thieves West Of Utah Lake (pageviews: 5142)
- KSL Investigates: Are COVID-19 Deaths In Utah Inflated? (pageviews: 3356)
- Utah Reports 2 Days Of COVID-19 Numbers: 15 More Have Died, 6,142 Test Positive (pageviews: 2860)
- Utah Family Says Mom Died After Contracting COVID-19 At Family Gathering (pageviews: 2634)
- COVID-19 Immunity: How Long Do Antibodies Last? (pageviews: 2079)
- Utah Man Reunited With Officer Who Saved His Life 35 Years Ago (pageviews: 1689)
- President Nelson's #GiveThanks Challenge Brings New Meaning To 2020 (pageviews: 1422)