Utah Health Officials Report 987 New COVID-19 Cases, 249 Current Hospitalizations
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health on Tuesday announced 987 new cases of COVID-19 and no new deaths.
There are currently 249 patients hospitalized with the virus.
For Utah’s complete coronavirus statistics, visit cornavirus.utah.gov.
The state reported an increase of 8,801 tests since yesterday, and 987 of those tests returned positive.
Utah has tested 931,732 people so far, and 87,819 of those tests were positive.
There have been a total of 1,231,944 tests reported.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests is 1,182 per day. The rolling seven-day average for percent of positive laboratory tests is 13.8%.
There are 249 patients currently hospitalized with the virus, 90 of which are in intensive care units. Another five patients are currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation.
UDOH reports 48.8% of all non-ICU beds and 65.1% of all ICU beds in Utah hospitals are occupied.
A total of 522 Utahns have died as a result of COVID-19. No new deaths were reported Tuesday.
The state is considering 64,583 cases as “recovered,” meaning those patients received a positive diagnosis more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 7510)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5471)
- Deputies Break Up Suspected Camp Of Thieves West Of Utah Lake (pageviews: 5142)
- KSL Investigates: Are COVID-19 Deaths In Utah Inflated? (pageviews: 3356)
- Utah Reports 2 Days Of COVID-19 Numbers: 15 More Have Died, 6,142 Test Positive (pageviews: 2860)
- Utah Family Says Mom Died After Contracting COVID-19 At Family Gathering (pageviews: 2634)
- COVID-19 Immunity: How Long Do Antibodies Last? (pageviews: 2079)
- Utah Man Reunited With Officer Who Saved His Life 35 Years Ago (pageviews: 1689)
- President Nelson's #GiveThanks Challenge Brings New Meaning To 2020 (pageviews: 1422)