Farmington High School Moving Online Due To COVID-19 Cases
FARMINGTON, Utah – Officials with the Davis County Health Department confirmed 15 cases of COVID-19 at Farmington High School and ordered the school to close for the next 14 days, beginning Wednesday. The school will reopen for classes on Wednesday, Nov. 4.
The school notified parents with a letter on Tuesday. The letter said the 15 cases of the cornonavirus were confirmed over the last two weeks.
According to the Davis County Health Department, a school will close for 14 days if 15 or more cases are confirmed in a two-week period.
The letter said teachers will use Wednesday to prepare for the change to remote learning lessons. Students will begin online classes on Thursday. Students will remain on the same schedule and times that they already follow during the regular school day while attending classes remotely for the next two weeks.
The letter said students with technology needs or wifi issues can call 801-402-9050 for help and students/parents can pick up their daily grab-and-go meal between 11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
The letter added all Utah High School Activity Association-sanctioned activities will continue while the school is closed, unless there are three or more confirmed cases of COVID-19 among team members.
Farmington High School administrators will send out additional information by email and post it on the school’s website.
- Police Release New Photos, Info In Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case (pageviews: 12929)
- West Valley Family Angered After Christmas Decorations Were Stolen (pageviews: 3889)
- Baby Born From 27-Year-Old Embryo Believed To Have Broken Record Set By Big Sister (pageviews: 3606)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 3300)
- Utah Reports 11 More People Have Died, 3,945 Tested Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 3277)
- Hale Center Theatre Orem Apologizes After Woman With Down Syndrome Asked To Leave Over Mask (pageviews: 2818)
- 3K Test Positive For COVID-19, 8 More Utahns Have Died (pageviews: 1618)
- 'Merry Monolith' Appears In Popular Utah Christmas Display (pageviews: 1540)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 1480)