Wrong-Way Driver On I-80 Leads To Fatal Crash Near Saltair
MAGNA, Utah – The Utah Highway Patrol responded to a fatal crash on I-80 near The Great Saltair Friday morning.
UHP Sgt. Nick Street said the crash was caused by a wrong-way driver.
Officials said the vehicle was traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes when it hit an oncoming car. The man in the vehicle that was driving westbound died in the crash.
Troopers do not suspect impairment was a factor at this time, and they said the driver of the wrong-way vehicle is cooperating with the investigation.
Additional information was not immediately available.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)