10 More Utahns Have Died From COVID-19, 1,837 Test Positive
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah health officials have reported that 10 more Utahns have died as a result of COVID-19, and an additional 1,837 tested positive.
Currently, 317 patients are hospitalized with the virus.
The Utah Department of Health reported an increase of 11,232 tests since yesterday, and 1,837 of those people tested positive for COVID-19.
So far, 110,640 Utahns have tested positive for the virus, and 1,063,291 Utahns have been tested.
There have been 1,444,838 tests reported to date. Some patients have been tested more than once, which is why the number of tests is greater than the number of people who have been tested.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests is 1,578 per day, and the rolling seven-day average for percent of positive laboratory tests is now at 18.1%.
There are currently 317 patients with COVID-19 being treated in Utah hospitals, and 123 of those patients are in intensive care units. Another 21 patients are currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation.
State authorities are reporting that 54.6% of all non-ICU beds and 69.2% of all ICU beds in Utah hospitals are now occupied.
The Utah Department of Health on Thursday announced 10 more Utahns have died as a direct result of COVID-19. A total of 598 residents have lost their lives due to the pandemic.
A woman between 65 – 84 who was not hospitalized has died.
A man between 65 – 84 who was not hospitalized has died.
A man between 65 – 84 who was hospitalized has died.
A woman between 65 – 84 who was hospitalized has died.
Salt Lake County
A man between 25 – 44 who was hospitalized, two men between 45 – 64 who were hospitalized, and a man between 65 – 84 who was a long-term care facility resident have died.
A woman older than 85 who was a long-term care facility resident has died.
A man older than 85 who was not hospitalized has died.
For more information on Utah’s COVID-19 statistics, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 7510)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5471)
- Deputies Break Up Suspected Camp Of Thieves West Of Utah Lake (pageviews: 5142)
- KSL Investigates: Are COVID-19 Deaths In Utah Inflated? (pageviews: 3356)
- Utah Reports 2 Days Of COVID-19 Numbers: 15 More Have Died, 6,142 Test Positive (pageviews: 2860)
- Utah Family Says Mom Died After Contracting COVID-19 At Family Gathering (pageviews: 2634)
- COVID-19 Immunity: How Long Do Antibodies Last? (pageviews: 2079)
- Utah Man Reunited With Officer Who Saved His Life 35 Years Ago (pageviews: 1689)
- President Nelson's #GiveThanks Challenge Brings New Meaning To 2020 (pageviews: 1422)