ARUP To Offer Combined COVID-19, RSV & Flu Test
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – ARUP Laboratories announced Monday that is has an all-in-one test for COVID-19, RSV and Influenza A and B as the illnesses collide during this exceptional year.
“We are proud to offer this test, which is one of the first available to test for all four viruses,” said Dr. Adam Barker, director of ARUP’s COVID-19 Rapid Response Laboratory. “This single test is a simple, accurate way to determine which virus is the cause of illness as the flu and RSV seasons get underway amid the COVID-19 pandemic.”
The test will be done with a deep nasal swab or specimens collected from the back of the throat and the front of both nostrils, according to a news release.
An ARUP spokeswoman told KSL the test must be ordered by a physician. It is available now for ARUP clients in Utah and nationwide.
“The challenge clinicians face as we enter flu season is unparalleled even if flu and RSV activity remains low,” said ARUP CEO Dr. Sherrie L. Perkins. “We’re pleased that this combination test will help them provide the best patient care possible as the pandemic persists.”
- Live (pageviews: 9847)
- Missionaries From Utah, Montana Killed In New Mexico Car Crash (pageviews: 8506)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 6429)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As 'Breakthrough' COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine (pageviews: 5395)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As ‘Breakthrough’ COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2133)
- Salt Lake Co. DA Rules Officer Justified In Fatal Shooting Of Handcuffed Man In West Valley (pageviews: 2063)
- Cancer Misinformation On The Rise On Social Media, Huntsman Cancer Institute Study Says (pageviews: 1955)
- Family Calls District Attorney's Ruling 'Systemic Failure' (pageviews: 1863)
- Days Of ’47 Parade: Road Closures, Times & How To Watch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1525)