ARUP To Offer Combined COVID-19, RSV & Flu Test
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – ARUP Laboratories announced Monday that is has an all-in-one test for COVID-19, RSV and Influenza A and B as the illnesses collide during this exceptional year.
“We are proud to offer this test, which is one of the first available to test for all four viruses,” said Dr. Adam Barker, director of ARUP’s COVID-19 Rapid Response Laboratory. “This single test is a simple, accurate way to determine which virus is the cause of illness as the flu and RSV seasons get underway amid the COVID-19 pandemic.”
The test will be done with a deep nasal swab or specimens collected from the back of the throat and the front of both nostrils, according to a news release.
An ARUP spokeswoman told KSL the test must be ordered by a physician. It is available now for ARUP clients in Utah and nationwide.
“The challenge clinicians face as we enter flu season is unparalleled even if flu and RSV activity remains low,” said ARUP CEO Dr. Sherrie L. Perkins. “We’re pleased that this combination test will help them provide the best patient care possible as the pandemic persists.”
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)