Weeklong Average For Positive COVID-19 Cases Tops 26%
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – An additional 2,563 Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19, according to the latest numbers from the Utah Department of Health. That brings the seven-day average for positive tests to 26.6%.
No new deaths were reported Sunday. To date, 939 Utahns have lost their lives as a direct result of the virus.
Currently, there are 595 people hospitalized with COVID-19.
UDOH reported a total of 1,495,251 Utahns have been tested so far, which is an increase of 9,540 reported tests since Saturday.
Of those, a total of 215,407 have tested positive for COVID-19. That’s an increase of 2,563 cases from yesterday.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests is 3,077 per day. The rolling seven-day average for percent of positive laboratory tests is 26.6%.
There are currently 595 patients hospitalized with confirmed cases of COVID-19, and 213 of those people are in intensive care units. Another 10 people are hospitalized with suspected cases of the virus.
The state’s ICUs are 91% full, which is over functional capacity. Due to the number of staff available, Utah’s threshold for quality ICU care is 85% occupancy.
The referral center ICU beds are now 96.5% full.
Referral Centers are the 16 hospitals in Utah with the capability to provide the best care for patients with COVID-19. Because most patients are transferred to these facilities, their utilization is the best reflection of the true hospital capacity in Utah when looking at ICU beds.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)