U Of U Health Worker Receives First COVID-19 Vaccination In Utah
Dec 15, 2020, 11:42 AM | Updated: 11:43 am
(Justin Tallis-Pool/Getty Images)
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – University of Utah Health on Tuesday administered the state’s first doses of the COVID-19 vaccine to some of its frontline workers.
U of U Health live streamed the event as an MICU nurse received the first vaccination.
“This is a light at the end of the tunnel,” said the nurse, Christy, after receiving the shot.
Other frontline workers also received the vaccination Tuesday at the hospital. Additionally, workers at Intermountain Healthcare are scheduled to begin receiving their vaccinations in the early afternoon.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)