Utahns Share Hope For Future On Christmas Day
SALT LAKE CITY — The coronavirus pandemic created challenges for everyone in 2020 — Utah families faced illness, death, job loss and other hardships. On Christmas Day, many shared their hopes for the future.
Plenty of people like to play in the park on Christmas Day.
“Clear my thoughts for the day,” said Chuck Robbins of Salt Lake City.
Most Utahns faced new challenges during the pandemic.
“Conforming to wearing masks everywhere I go,” he said.
“We’re worried about everybody’s health, but just isolation for people — isolation from their community, not being able to be with your friends and your support system,” said Catherine VanTassell.
Stuck at home too long.
“Traveling just gives me something to look forward to, so it’s just been kind of hard to get through month by month not being able to do that,” said Sarah Wilson.
But, we are resilient and reflect on the joys in our lives and our hopes for the future.
“God, relying on my faith in him,” said Robbins.
“I’m very hopeful about the vaccination,” said Wilson. “I’m just hopeful that eventually, we can kind of get back to normal.”
KSL TV asked what they would give the people of Utah this Christmas.
Others said they would give the gift of necessities.
“It’s really sad that people just haven’t been able to pay rent and get the food they need, so I would just want everybody to have the basic necessities again,” said Sarah.
“I love to share my positive outlooks. I love to share empathy and sympathy for others,” said Chuck.
Many sharing the Christmas spirit.
“It’s not just about presents; it’s also about family, friends, and your loved ones, too,” said Triael McElhinny.
“We’ve really seen everybody come together — scientists for the vaccine, healthcare workers. There is so much still to be grateful for,” said Catherine.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)