Nearly 24,000 More Vaccines Have Been Administered In Utah
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah administered nearly 24,000 additional vaccines in the state in a day’s time, according to the latest report from the Utah Department of Health.
A total of 23,904 more doses went into residents’ arms, bringing the total number of vaccines to 902,391.
The state reported two more Utahns have died as a direct result of COVID-19, and 658 more have tested positive.
There are currently 175 people hospitalized with the virus.
This article is being updated. For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
UDOH reports 2,265,344 people have been tested so far, which is an increase of 7,955 people tested since yesterday.
Of those, a total of 376,327 have tested positive for COVID-19. That’s an increase of 658 new positive cases since Tuesday’s report.
The rolling 7-day average for positive tests is 520 per day.
The rolling 7-day average for percent positivity of “people over people” is 8.6%. The rolling 7-day average for percent positivity of “tests over tests” is 4.16%.
Currently, 175 people are hospitalized with confirmed cases of COVID-19, and 73 of those people are in intensive care units. Another 12 patients are hospitalized with suspected cases of COVID-19.
Utah’s ICUs are 71.1% occupied. The ICU beds in the state’s referral centers are 70.9% full.
Referral Centers are the 16 hospitals in Utah with the capability to provide the best care for patients with COVID-19. Because most patients are transferred to these facilities, their utilization is the best reflection of the true hospital capacity in Utah when looking at ICU beds.
Two more Utahns have lost their lives as a direct result of COVID-19.
To date, 1,992 of the state’s residents have been killed by the virus.
The following individuals’ deaths were reported Wednesday:
- Male, between 65-84, Juab County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Female, between 65-84, Tooele County resident, long-term care facility resident
The state administered 23,904 more vaccines, bringing the total number of shots in arms to 902,391.
So far, 589,997 Utahns have received at least one dose, and 328,509 people have been immunized with two doses.
There have been 1,108,275 vaccines shipped to Utah.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 17916)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16520)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8565)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7815)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6068)