Utah Reports 375 Have Tested Positive For COVID; 2 More Have Died
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health on Sunday reported 375 people have tested positive for COVID-19 and two more have died.
The state administered 15,236 additional vaccines since Saturday’s report.
Currently, 157 people hare hospitalized with the virus.
This article is being updated. For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
UDOH reports 2,331,716 people have been tested so far, which is an increase of 4,534 people tested since yesterday.
Of those, a total of 381,629 people have tested positive for COVID-19. That’s an increase of 375 new cases from Saturday’s numbers.
The rolling 7-day average for positive tests is 466 per day.
The rolling 7-day average for percent positivity of “people over people” is 8%. The rolling 7-day average for percent positivity of “tests over tests” is 4.1%.
There are currently 157 people hospitalized with confirmed cases of COVID-19, and 52 of those people are in intensive care units. Another 13 people are hospitalized with suspected cases of COVID-19.
Utah’s ICUs are 70.3% occupied. The ICU beds in the state’s referral centers are 73.7% full.
Referral Centers are the 16 hospitals in Utah with the capability to provide the best care for patients with COVID-19. Because most patients are transferred to these facilities, their utilization is the best reflection of the true hospital capacity in Utah when looking at ICU beds.
Two more Utahns have lost their lives as a direct result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s pandemic death toll to 2,062.
The following individuals’ deaths were reported Sunday:
- Male, between 65-84, Weber County resident, not hospitalized at time of death
- Male, older than 85, Washington County resident, long-term care facility resident
Utah has administered 1,152,282 total vaccines, which is an increase of 15,236 over yesterday’s data.
So far, 763,284 people have received at least one dose of the vaccine, and 418,943 Utahns have been fully immunized.
There have been 1,323,050 vaccines delivered to Utah.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)