Zero New Deaths, Under 200 New COVID-19 Cases Reported
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with the Utah Department of Health on Monday said 185 additional Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19 and zero new deaths were reported.
An additional 4,937 vaccines have been administered, bringing the state’s total to more than 1.7 million, and there were 122 people hospitalized with the virus.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
UDOH reports 2,449,866 people have been tested — 2,519 more than Sunday. Of those, 390,289 Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19, which is an increase of 185 new cases.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests rose slightly 398 — up from 396 on Sunday.
The rolling seven-day average for percent positivity of “people over people” remained at 7.4%, while the rolling 7-day average for percent positivity of “tests over tests” remained at 3.7%.
The state has administered 1,708,002 vaccines in total, which is an increase of 4,937 over Sunday’s numbers.
So far, 1,102,845 people have received at least one dose of the vaccine, and 681,799 Utahns have been fully immunized.
There have been 1,956,010 vaccines delivered to Utah.
Currently, 122 people are hospitalized with confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 61 of those people are in intensive care units.
Utah’s ICUs were 68.2% full and the ICU beds in Utah’s referral centers were 70.4% full Monday.
“At about 69% overall ICU utilization, ICUs in Utah’s major hospitals with the ability to provide best care for COVID-19 patients begin to reach staffing capacity,” UDOH officials said. “Seventy-two percent use among all hospitals and 77% in referral center hospitals creates major strains on the health care system. When 85% capacity is reached, Utah will be functionally out of staffed ICU beds, indicating an overwhelmed hospital system.”
No new deaths were reported Monday. To date, the virus has killed 2,159 of the state’s residents.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)