Historic Church Building In Salt Lake Becoming Community Arts Center
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Work started on a historic Church building on Salt Lake’s west side that will transform it into a new community arts center.
Big plans are in the works at the old 15th Ward Chapel on 915 West 100 South which has been renamed the Art Castle.
The Utah Arts Alliance took on the renovation project which will include creating a performing arts center, a sculpture garden, and an outdoor stage.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) April 16, 2021
Derek Dyer, Utah Arts Alliance Executive Director explained the reason for the project.
“To create a community gathering space, an arts and creative industry incubator, an immersive art attraction that will be a regional draw to anyone that would like to experience and participate in new and emerging art forms,” he said.
The Utah Arts Council launched a capital campaign to raise the remaining $3 million needed to complete the project.
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 8369)
- Utah’s Health Orders Terminated After Meeting ‘Endgame Bill’ Criteria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4524)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4477)
- Utah's Health Orders Terminated After Meeting 'Endgame Bill' Criteria (pageviews: 4471)
- Woman Released From Hospital After Surviving 5 Months In The Wild (pageviews: 4073)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera (pageviews: 3888)
- Jurassic Quest Brings Life-Size Dino Exhibit To Utah (pageviews: 2812)
- Utah Brothers Volunteer For Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Trial In Children (pageviews: 2468)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters (pageviews: 2233)