Historic Church Building In Salt Lake Becoming Community Arts Center
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Work started on a historic Church building on Salt Lake’s west side that will transform it into a new community arts center.
Big plans are in the works at the old 15th Ward Chapel on 915 West 100 South which has been renamed the Art Castle.
The Utah Arts Alliance took on the renovation project which will include creating a performing arts center, a sculpture garden, and an outdoor stage.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) April 16, 2021
Derek Dyer, Utah Arts Alliance Executive Director explained the reason for the project.
“To create a community gathering space, an arts and creative industry incubator, an immersive art attraction that will be a regional draw to anyone that would like to experience and participate in new and emerging art forms,” he said.
The Utah Arts Council launched a capital campaign to raise the remaining $3 million needed to complete the project.
- No home for tiny homes: Living small hits roadblocks in Utah communities – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 19691)
- Wyoming Coroner in Gabby Petito case determining cause of death (pageviews: 5440)
- Body camera footage not available in Farmington hostage incident (pageviews: 4734)
- Jailed for Love: Why a Utah woman who says romance scammer turned her into an unwitting money mule faces prison time. (pageviews: 4180)
- Search for key that will open mystery door at Utah State University (pageviews: 3776)
- No home for tiny homes: Living small hits roadblocks in Utah communities (pageviews: 3534)
- Autopsy: Actor Michael K. Williams died of drug intoxication (pageviews: 3514)
- Frustrated by city inaction, residents contact KSL Investigators over Salt Lake’s RV Row (pageviews: 2894)
- Gabby Petito’s case highlights racial disparities in response to missing persons cases (pageviews: 1915)