Historic Church Building In Salt Lake Becoming Community Arts Center
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Work started on a historic Church building on Salt Lake’s west side that will transform it into a new community arts center.
Big plans are in the works at the old 15th Ward Chapel on 915 West 100 South which has been renamed the Art Castle.
The Utah Arts Alliance took on the renovation project which will include creating a performing arts center, a sculpture garden, and an outdoor stage.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) April 16, 2021
Derek Dyer, Utah Arts Alliance Executive Director explained the reason for the project.
“To create a community gathering space, an arts and creative industry incubator, an immersive art attraction that will be a regional draw to anyone that would like to experience and participate in new and emerging art forms,” he said.
The Utah Arts Council launched a capital campaign to raise the remaining $3 million needed to complete the project.
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 7005)
- Surveillance video shows moments just before FrontRunner train fatally hits woman (pageviews: 5837)
- Surveillance video shows moments just before Frontrunner train fatally hits woman (pageviews: 5000)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4518)
- Olivia Newton-John, singer and actress, dead at 73 (pageviews: 3279)
- Murray awards bystanders and workers for saving woman (pageviews: 3198)