Utah Reports Zero Additional Deaths, 413 New COVID-19 Cases
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with the Utah Department of Health on Saturday said 413 more Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19.
An additional 27,809 vaccines have been administered, bringing the state’s total to more than 1.88 million, and there were 140 people hospitalized with the virus.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
UDOH reports 2,486,282 people have been tested — 7,575 more than Friday. Of those, 392,509 Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19, which is an increase of 413 new cases.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests rose to 394 — up from 393 on Friday.
The rolling seven-day average for percent positivity of “people over people” remained at 7.6% while the rolling seven-day average for percent positivity of “tests over tests” remained at 3.8%.
The state has administered 1,880,269 vaccines in total, which is an increase of 27,809 over Friday’s numbers. As of Saturday, 1,168,364 Utahns have received at least one dose of a vaccine and 768,591 Utahns have been fully vaccinated.
Over 2.1 million vaccines have been delivered to Utah.
Currently, 140 people are hospitalized with confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 53 of those people are in intensive care units.
Utah’s ICUs were 72.8% full and the ICU beds in Utah’s referral centers were 77.3% full Saturday.
“At about 69% overall ICU utilization, ICUs in Utah’s major hospitals with the ability to provide best care for COVID-19 patients begin to reach staffing capacity,” UDOH officials said. “Seventy-two percent use among all hospitals and 77% in referral center hospitals creates major strains on the health care system. When 85% capacity is reached, Utah will be functionally out of staffed ICU beds, indicating an overwhelmed hospital system.”
No new deaths were reported Saturday. To date, the virus has killed 2,164 of the state’s residents.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 15103)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5870)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 4804)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4665)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 3558)