You Think You Know Classic Cars? Take this Classic Car Quiz Before Visiting Your Favorite Utah Car Show This Year to See How Much You Know
This quiz about how well you know classic cars is sponsored by the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association. They are hosting an awesome Utah car show. Come check it out May 21-23 at the Utah State Fairpark.
Classic car season is about to be out in full effect. And with things starting to open back up a little bit, what a better way to celebrate than to visit some incredible car shows. But before you roll out, why not try refreshing your knowledge of your favorite classic cars before visiting your favorite Utah car show!
Take the Classic Car Quiz!
How much do you think you can recognize a car just based on its headlights or taillights? You might be surprised! There are some tricky answers! But give it a shot!
Obviously the DMC DeLorean was made famous in the 1985 movie Back to the Future. This car has a very brief, but now cult, history. The famous gullwing doors and sleek stainless steel look made this an icon of the time. But the car was extremely heavy, mostly unreliable, and you'd be lucky to actually get it up to its famous 88 miles per hour to even go back in time.
Two cars defined automobiles in the '60s and '70s and continue to be forces to be reckoned with today. One is the Ford Mustang, the other is the iconic Corvette. While the Corvette has gone through many facelifts over the years, it still stays true to its roots; pure American muscle.
Considered the fastest car of its time the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL proudly held a huge 3 liter inline 6 engine that could push the car to 163 miles an hour. And considering this was the 1950's, those kinds of speeds were unheard of. The famous gullwing doors had to be designed since the frame developed for this car wouldn't allow the use of a full-sized car door.
The Ford Mustang is an American icon. So much so that right now the car is one of only 2 proper cars that Ford currently manufactures. The Ford Mustang's popularity has stemmed from everything from popular culture, like appearances in films from Bullitt to Gone in 60 Seconds. The Mustang is as American muscle as it gets.
The '59 Cadillac El Dorado's and Coupe DeVille's are one of a kind. While the sharp tailfins were carried over for several years, the double-barrelled tail lights were only featured on the 1959 models. You might recognize these fins from the famous ambulance turned ECTO-1 in Ghostbusters.
The Pontiac Trans Am was the high-performance 'big brother' of the Pontiac Firebird. But to look at the two side by side you might not even notice a difference. The Trans Am was boosted to more stardom in the 1977 hit Smokey and the Bandit and was famously driven by Burt Reynolds.
Share your Results:
How Well Did You Do on this Classic Car Quiz?
Did you do better than you thought? Share this with your friends and family on Facebook or Twitter and get them to play too!
The Best Utah Car Show Featuring Classics and Hot Rods
This year you can help celebrate America’s favorite car show. Goodguys Rod & Custom Association is cruising back into Salt Lake City, UT with the 2nd Anniversary of the RaceDeck Garage Flooring Salt Lake Nationals, May 21-23 at the Utah State Fairpark featuring one incredible Utah car show filled with the sweetest classic cars and hot rods!
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 43001)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36575)
- Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito (pageviews: 22899)
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14027)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park (pageviews: 13726)
- Private investigator surprised search warrant hasn’t been served at house of Gabby Petito’s boyfriend – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10602)
- Boyfriend of missing 22-year-old woman declared missing (pageviews: 10313)
- Search for key that will open mystery door at Utah State University (pageviews: 10220)
- Possible evidence found in search for Gabby Petito (pageviews: 10037)