Walk-In Vaccine Appointments Available In Salt Lake Co.
SANDY, Utah – Officials with the Salt Lake County Health Department said they will be receiving 20,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses next week and are offering walk-in appointments to any Utah residents.
The doses will be divided between the Mountain American Expo Center in Sandy and Maverik Center in West Valley City.
Walk-in appointments will be available in Sandy from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday, May 7.
This is the first time the department has offered vaccinations without an appointment.
We are also taking WALK-INS at the Mountain America Expo Center (9575 S, State St) next week (May 3-7) from 10am to 2pm! Walk in or make an appointment, whichever you prefer. #ThisIsOurShot
Schedule at: https://t.co/rJmGynulor https://t.co/dgn4iCwdqj
— Salt Lake County (@SLCoGov) April 29, 2021
Utah has administered over 2 million COVID-19 vaccine doses, and over 924,000 Utahns have been fully vaccinated as of Thursday.
State epidemiologist Dr. Angela Dunn said Utah has plateaued in terms of new COVID-19 cases and vaccines are what have prevented another major surge.
KSL 5 TV Live
- First temple in Virginia opens its doors to the public (pageviews: 14346)
- Man in custody, accused of filming children in the bathroom of his business (pageviews: 14172)
- Utah man bit by shark while swimming in Hawaii (pageviews: 11996)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 11993)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 10759)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 9599)