Lori Vallow-Daybell Prosecutors Drop Opposition To Incompetency Report
REXBURG, Idaho — Prosecutors in the Lori Vallow-Daybell case have decided not to fight a ruling that said she was unfit for trial.
According to court documents, the court entered an Order of Competency Evaluation for Lori Vallow-Daybell on March 8, 2021, after her psychological well-being was called into question by her attorney.
Officials said the evaluation was ordered on a previous case that charged Vallow-Daybell with two counts of conspiracy to conceal, alter or destroy evidence in the murders of her children JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan.
The completed assessment determined she was “not competent.”
The prosecuting attorney for Madison County, Idaho originally contested the incompetency evaluation, but then changed his mind.
“Based upon said review, the State withdraws its contest to the 18-211 evaluation/report and does not object to the Court’s determination of competency on the basis of the evaluation/report,” prosecuting attorney Rob Wood wrote in court documents that were filed Friday.
Prosecutors also agreed with the assessing psychologist’s recommendation that Vallow should undergo “restorative treatment.”
- Live (pageviews: 9847)
- Missionaries From Utah, Montana Killed In New Mexico Car Crash (pageviews: 8506)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 6429)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As 'Breakthrough' COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine (pageviews: 5395)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As ‘Breakthrough’ COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2133)
- Salt Lake Co. DA Rules Officer Justified In Fatal Shooting Of Handcuffed Man In West Valley (pageviews: 2063)
- Cancer Misinformation On The Rise On Social Media, Huntsman Cancer Institute Study Says (pageviews: 1955)
- Family Calls District Attorney's Ruling 'Systemic Failure' (pageviews: 1863)
- Days Of ’47 Parade: Road Closures, Times & How To Watch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1525)