KSL’s Shara Park Visits Kappabashi Kitchen Town In Japan
TOKYO — With the Olympic Games wrapping up, KSL Olympic Specialist Shara Park has been able to get out and visit some unique places in Tokyo.
If you follow Shara on Instagram, you know she loves to cook and be in the kitchen, and in Tokyo, there is a whole community dedicated to it.
In Kappabashi, also known as Kitchen Town, every shop is filled with kitchen supplies for the restaurant trade in Japan.
Coming up at 6AM on @KSL5TV: I’m taking you to Kappabashi, known as Kitchen Town in Japan. This community supplies the restaurant industry in Tokyo and it’s a like going on a treasure hunt. Also, there is a mythical creature that lives here. 🐸This was a must visit for me! pic.twitter.com/PTktVgXeG3
— Shara Park (@KSLSharaPark) August 6, 2021
Among the bowls, plates and knives, you’ll also find a mythical creature called Kappa, meaning “River Child.” Statues and drawings of the creature appear everywhere.
You’ll also find fake food.
Shara said visiting Kappabashi is like going on a treasure hunt, where every dish has a meaning and every shop owner has a story.
One shop owner told Shara the story of how she survived the 2011 earthquake and how the walls of her shop came crashing down.
Shara bought a small rice bowl from the owner, which she said holds a lot more meaning to her now after hearing what the woman has been through.
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 8360)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 8027)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 6297)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 4692)