Park City celebrates 20th anniversary of the 2002 Winter Olympics
PARK CITY, Utah — Park City celebrated the 20th anniversary of the 2002 Winter Olympics Saturday night.
The man who led those Games to such success also marked the occasion.
Now, Utah Sen. Mitt Romney says there is no better place than Utah to host another Winter Olympics.
— Deanie Wimmer (@DeanieWimmer) February 13, 2022
“Athletes come here to prepare themselves for Games in other places. That’s going to continue,” he said. “Hopefully, we get the Games in 2030. Ultimately, we’ll have the Games back. Sometime or other, we’re going to get them back, because this was the site of the best Olympics in the winter history that the nation has ever seen, or the world has ever seen.”
At the anniversary celebration, hundreds of people tried their hand at curling, simulated biathlon shooting and other demonstrations.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31424)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 20372)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6785)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6168)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5857)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4471)