Police search for vandals after new playground was defaced
PARK CITY, Utah — Summit County Sheriff’s office detectives want to know who vandalized a new playground in the Silver Creek Village neighborhood.
The vandalism happened sometime late Sunday night or Monday morning.
The vandals damaged equipment, spray-painted offensive words, and even drew a swastika in the bathroom at the park.
Work crews removed the graffiti and repaired the equipment the next day.
But still, the Summit County Sheriff’s office would like to find the people responsible.
Detectives know this vandalism isn’t the biggest crime in the county, but they feel if whoever did this gets away with it, it might lead to something bigger later.
“When we see stuff like this happen at one of our community gathering places, specifically a children’s park, it’s concerning, and we will track people down. Even if they’re juveniles, we will hold them responsible,” said Captain Andrew Wright with the Summit County Sheriff’s office.
The Sheriff’s office also said if the graffiti isn’t cleaned right away, it gives a negative image to the community.
“A lot of people move here because it’s clean and beautiful. Anything vulgar that attacks people based off of whoever they are, whether that’s their religious leanings, their political leanings, whether they’re male or female of members of the LGBTQ+ community, it doesn’t matter.”
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)