Adult son arrested for stabbing his father multiple times, police say
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — A Taylorsville man was critically injured Friday night after police say he was stabbed multiple times by his son.
The stabbing occurred in an apartment at 1159 W. 4020 South following a dispute between the man and his son, according to Taylorsville Deputy Chief Todd Gray. The victim was transported to a hospital and his condition has since stabilized.
Gray said emergency dispatchers received calls from neighbors and another person within the residence alerting them to the stabbing. He said other family members in addition to the father and son were home when it happened.
By the time police arrived, Gray said the son had left the home. He was found within the apartment complex and arrested without incident.
Gray said often when going into a domestic dispute, officers are at a risk for safety because there is a lot of unknown information, including whether someone currently has a weapon.
He encouraged people who find themselves involved in a domestic dispute to take a breather, walk out of the room and think about the circumstances. Let “cooler heads prevail,” he advised.
The son, whom police did not name Friday, was booked into jail for investigation of aggravated assault.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17145)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 9231)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 5239)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4464)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4141)