UPDATE: Police cancel search for missing Hurricane child
UPDATE: The Utah Department of Public Safety released an updated advisory, canceling the search for the missing 3-year-old.
The advisory did not say why the search was canceled or the status of Legend Giles. KSL has reached out to Hurricane Police for more information.
HURRICANE, Utah — Police are looking for 3-year-old Legend Giles after his non-custodial parents refused to return him to his biological parents Thursday.
According to a Utah Department of Public Safety alert, Steven and Wacey Giles failed to meet with Giles’s biological mother on Monday. Authorities say they tried to contact the two suspects but have been unsuccessful.
Police believe the suspects and victim may be in Nevada or Arizona as of Thursday.
Police describe Legend as a white boy with blond hair, blue eyes, 3 feet and 1 inch tall, and 31 pounds. Police did not have a current description of what Legend was wearing.
Police describe Steven Giles as a 43-year-old white man with brown hair and blue eyes, 6 feet tall, and 175 pounds. Wacey Giles is a 32-year-old white man with brown hair and eyes, 5 feet and 10 inches, and 230 pounds.
According to police, Steven drives a gray 2019 Ram 1500 with a Utah license plate of 3U5EZ. Wacey drives a silver 2020 Jeep Gladiator with a Utah license plate of 0N0MN.
If you or anyone was information on Legend or the suspects, call Hurricane City Police at 435-627-4300.
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 12259)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7066)
- Utah deputies identify suspect in 1972 murder, rape case; still looking for second suspect (pageviews: 6499)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 5989)
- Utahn charged with assault after allegedly holding blade to woman's throat on flight (pageviews: 5264)
- Utah man buys humidifier found with five packages of cocaine in it (pageviews: 5001)
- Two injured in I-80 crash; several crashes reported as Thanksgiving travel picks up (pageviews: 4528)