Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as ‘the life of the party’
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — Family and friends of a Utah Tech University student who fell from a fifth story balcony over the weekend remember the 18-year-old as “the life of the party.”
Peyton Hall’s family lives in South Jordan, near Bingham High School. The streets are lined with blue ribbons Monday night because friends say he loved Bingham.
“I feel like most people at Bingham saw him as the light at Bingham,” said Ashley Romrell, who has been friends with Hall for years.
Romrell said Hall’s goal in life was to make people laugh – and he did.
“He was always trying to make people laugh,” she said. “The one thing I think when I think Peyton Hall is just making people laugh.”
His parents released this statement to KSL TV.
At the time of his passing, Peyton was attending Utah Tech University as a freshman and working at Best Buy. Peyton was loved by everyone he met and was the life of the party. Everyone who knows Peyton has a “Peyton Story” that will make you smile and laugh. His energy and enthusiasm for life was infectious. Peyton loved loud music, working out, snow skiing, pickleball, basketball, watching sports, and anything else that involved being with his friends. Peyton’s friends and family meant the world to him, and we can never express enough love for those of you who loved him with us. — Bryan and Tara Hall
Investigators say the deadly fall appears to be an accident, but they are still working through the details.
Students at the school will hold a vigil at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday on campus.
As for funeral services, the family said it will be held at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, located at 11122 S. Black Hawk Drive in South Jordan, this Saturday at 12 p.m. Viewing times are this Friday from 6-8 p.m. and this Saturday from 10:30-11:30 a.m. at the same location.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)