Parents have a big responsibility in the early years teaching a child to talk, read and county, but child development specialists say play is equally important and often overlooked.
A child's vocabulary grows every single day, making it important for parents to talk with their children as often as possible, no matter what language they speak at home.
Research from the 5B45 initiative showed the more words little children were exposed to, especially before they turn five-years-old, the better. Experts said reading not only builds their brains, but helps a child feel nurtured and loved.
For parents, the responsibility of helping their children learn can sometimes be overwhelming. One Utah couple is using an app to create a better learning environment for their young daughter.
Valentine's Day isn't just a day to share romantic love. Experts say everyone needs to feel loved, especially young, developing children. As part of the statewide 5B45 campaign, one Utah couple shares how they try to show individual love to their kids all year long.
Children’s brains grow the most before they start kindergarten. That's why KSL is introducing 5B45, a statewide early childhood development campaign designed to give parents the resources they need to prepare their kids for the future. As one Utah mom knows, it all starts at home.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Man Hides 10 Treasure Chests In Utah Outdoors – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10223)
- Man Hides 10 Treasure Chests In Utah Outdoors (pageviews: 8913)
- Body Found In American Fork Canyon; Deputies Believe It May Be That Of Missing Utah Co. Man (pageviews: 4176)
- Scarlett Johansson Sues Disney Over ‘Black Widow’ Release (pageviews: 3530)
- Holladay Family Receives Letter, Harassing Them For Supporting BLM (pageviews: 1829)
- CDC Team: 'War Has Changed' As Delta Variant Dangers Emerge (pageviews: 1517)
- Morgan Community Supports Grieving Family After Sudden Loss of Teen Son (pageviews: 1454)
- UHP Trooper Gives First-Hand Account Of Deadly Dust Storm In Kanosh (pageviews: 1454)
- Morgan Community Supports Grieving Family After Sudden Loss of Teen Son – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1361)
Connect with KSL