Homes flooded when Box Elder Creek overflows its banks
BRIGHAM CITY – Ten homes along Box Elder Creek are underwater. With rain falling Thursday night and Friday morning, plus melting snow, the creek is flowing over its banks.
According to Brigham City, crews have been sandbagging areas along the creek. They’ve already distributed about 15,000 sandbags in high-risk areas. City crews are also clearing debris from the creek. They’ll continue to monitor the water flow with daily inspections of creeks, canals and storm drains. Those inspections will increase to hourly in the event of a storm.
KSL has a crew headed to the flooding area and will have more information as it becomes available.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7743)
- ‘They’re all in imminent danger’: Video shows violence after Utah prison allowed gangs to mingle (pageviews: 7192)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6691)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3418)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3153)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday (pageviews: 2768)