Final Parkland shooting survivor released from the hospital
Anthony, 15, was shot five times while protecting his classmates from the gunman on the day of the shooting. He had barricaded a door with his body and was shot through the door.
A third of his lung had to be removed, one bullet came close to his liver, and three bullets hit his legs in the shooting that killed 17 people, NBC’s “Today” show reported Wednesday morning. Wearing an FC Barcelona jersey, Anthony spoke haltingly to “Today” due to his injuries.
“I feel good,” he said.
“I (thought) I was going to die.”
Alex Arreaza, his attorney, said last month the family planned to sue Broward County, Broward County Public Schools and the Broward County Sheriff’s Office.
“The failure of Broward County Public Schools, and of the Principal and School Resource Officer to adequately protect students, and in particular our client, from life-threatening harm were unreasonable, callous and negligent,” Arreaza wrote in a notice of intent to sue.
™ & © 2018 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)